Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 09-15-2017, 01:08 PM

Default Dancing with the Philosophers

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
Friedrich Nietzsche

paulk190 on 2010-12-29 16:15:44
He should have good penmanship too, while we are at it.

montyb on 2014-02-15 05:18:50
OK, here's an idea for a reality TV show which I'll call "Dancing with the Philosophers", and it goes something like this.....

dovid1946 on 2015-01-27 14:20:16
the cha-cha with Nietzche, the can-can with Kant

LLapp on 2015-09-26 15:25:20
the mashed potato with Plato...

kb83 on 2015-11-04 04:27:45
High-kicking with Heidegger. Waltzing with Wittgenstein, Do-see-do with Derrida

Vienna on 2015-12-10 12:08:17
Monte lol

BoggyBoots on 2017-02-08 06:41:22
Fancy stepping with Philo S. Fer.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:46 PM

Default Oh. My. God

I didn't know this thread existed. I've been on a bit of a crypto-hiatus and came back to discover this! The comment section is half the fun of this site, and I am thrilled to read these. Of course, it is cutting into my puzzle time. But maybe that was your devious plan all along?
Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Occasional Ranter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queethebean View Post
I didn't know this thread existed. I've been on a bit of a crypto-hiatus and came back to discover this! The comment section is half the fun of this site, and I am thrilled to read these. Of course, it is cutting into my puzzle time. But maybe that was your devious plan all along?
Queethebean, this is so wonderful to read! Maybe we've all been pitching in on this thread as a big surprise welcome-back party for you without even knowing it. I hope you enjoy some of your own gems in here. Like that Adam R. Gwizdala comment -- definitely one of my personal top 10 favorites.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:07 AM

"What gift has providence bestowed on man that is so dear to him as his children? "
Marcus Tullius Cicero

LLapp on 2015-07-09 23:07:46
His Miata?
Old 09-21-2017, 05:20 AM

Default huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLapp View Post
Queethebean, this is so wonderful to read! Maybe we've all been pitching in on this thread as a big surprise welcome-back party for you without even knowing it. I hope you enjoy some of your own gems in here. Like that Adam R. Gwizdala comment -- definitely one of my personal top 10 favorites.
what is the gwizdala comment?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:02 AM

Use the "Search This Thread" box below the thread to find comments including any keyword, such as "gwizdala"
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkyr View Post
Use the "Search This Thread" box below the thread to find comments including any keyword, such as "gwizdala"
here's the response i got:
"The search term you specified (r.) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific."

wildcard? now i'm twice as confused!
Old 09-21-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLapp View Post
It is good to be back!

I have to let you know how much I have enjoyed your grammar and editing comments. I was an English major and am a former proofreader. You are not alone!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Occasional Ranter

Default For wvwoman - How to use "Search this thread"

The "Search this thread" field works like Google: you need to put the whole name "Adam R. Gwizdala" inside quotation marks to tell it you want the exact phrase. Without quote marks, the program thought you meant 3 separate search terms -- and the "R." was too short to process, so it rejected the whole request.

What to do: Under "Search this thread," type either the whole name inside quotes, or type just one unique search term -- "Gwizdala" in this case -- and it will work.

But OMG why don't I just tell you what the comment was? Because "Search this thread" is a great tool to have at your fingertips. I use it mainly for this "classic" thread, to check whether some gem I'm about to post has already been posted, but there are plenty of other uses for it. Very handy tool.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Occasional Ranter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queethebean View Post
It is good to be back!

I have to let you know how much I have enjoyed your grammar and editing comments. I was an English major and am a former proofreader. You are not alone!
Wow, in that case, double welcome! We grammar folk need to stick together like two clauses around a semicolon.